CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Bloody Thursday: Worldwide Terrorism Today



The "Secret Organization of al-Qaida in Europe" has claimed responsibility for the bombings in the London Underground today. The message released also threatens further attacks in Denmark and Italy. I realize England has been quite vocal about their support of the U.S. in Iraq and Afghanistan, but Italy and Denmark? I'm at a loss. As long as I live, I will never understand how someone can believe acts like this will help them achieve greater status in the afterlife.

Blasts in London

Of course, they did not forget to include America in their thoughts today. The Taliban has claimed that they are holding the missing Navy SEAL, and plan to kill him soon and also release a video of the execution. I hope this war will achieve the results we want, but I have yet to see how it has done anyone any good so far. We are making already hostile people more hostile, wasting the lives of our soldiers, and putting the lives of the innocent in jeopardy. A conclusion needs to be reached before any more lives are lost.

0 comments: