CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Greek Pasta Salad


When I visited Arizona recently, we made a fabulous pasta salad at my aunt's house with a bunch of stuff we found in her fridge. I wanted to try to recreate the recipe, and I think I came fairly close, with a few additions/changes of my own. It made a HUGE bowl full, so I'm glad it's good because I'll be eating it for a while. Good thing pasta salad is even better after it's been refrigerated!

Greek Pasta Salad

1 lb. penne pasta
1 bellpepper (I prefer the colored ones instead of green - less tangy taste)
1 pkg. baby portobella mushrooms (sliced)
1 (14 oz.) can artichoke hearts
3 oz. pitted Kalamata olives (about 24 olives)
2 Tbsp. non-pareil capers
10 oz. feta cheese
1/4 cup black beans (canned/cooked)
1/4 cup yellow corn (canned fresh)
1/4 cup pico de gallo
salt
pepper
olive oil
garlic/garlic powder

boil pasta, drain
saute mushrooms and diced bellpepper in olive oil and garlic until slightly tender
mix all ingredients in large bowl with drained pasta
add salt, pepper and olive oil to taste

0 comments: