CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Eddie Izzard, Stripped











I saw Eddie Izzard at Jones Hall last night in downtown Houston, and he was hilarious! I enjoyed the show more than some of his most recent stuff, and I hope this one ends up on DVD. Eddie usually does his shows in drag, since he is a "card-carrying transvestite", but I suppose being in the land of Bush he decided to dress more conservatively - with jeans and a tuxedo coat with tails! His topics cover history, and this one went all the way back to the Stone Age. He came out for a brief encore at the end, and encouraged Americans to vote in the upcoming election. I've been a fan of Eddie's for years, and turned several people on to his stand-up act. I'm really glad to see he is reaching a wider audience now, and it was such a thrill to see him live!

0 comments: