CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 30, 2005

A New Day


Will miracles never cease? The heat wave is finally over, and all my relatives still have their homes. Not all intact mind you, but they all still stand. As evidenced from the picture above, there are very few trees left in my grandmother's yard, since most of them landed on her house. Thankfully, she, my mom, my stepdad, my brother and his wife were all here with me "hunkering down" for the storm. I was one of the (insert adjective here) ones who decided to stay in Houston and ride it out, avoiding getting caught sitting on the freeway for countless hours in 100 degree heat with no food, bathroom, water, or gas.

We are all now one big happy family in my not-so-large accomodations until they can restore power and allow the SE Texas residents back into their homes. My place is also currently home to 2 cats and 3 dogs. I am happy to have them here, and I'm so glad they didn't stay there during the storm. We are the lucky ones, however - they know their situation is temporary, and there will be insurance money to replace the holes in their ceilings, and for the most part, almost all their belongings were spared, not scattered to the winds or looted by soulless people. It is an eye-opener to experience the previous hurricane through those who aren't as lucky. Take a look: Operation Eden

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Communities lost something valuable when they ceased seeking counsel from the elders on matters of import. Elders are more experienced and presumably wiser. Having made decisions at numerous crosroads, I am still around to pass on my two cents worth. Keep on learning is paramount as is seeking out new ideas like visiting your blog. Developing an appreciation for actuality, efficiency and mindfulness will eventually lead to peace of mind. Assisting others to find their own minds and helping them to see some of the forest through the trees is also most rewarding. lifestyles

Anonymous said...

Hi people
I do not know what to give for Christmas of the to friends, advise something ....

Anonymous said...

Hello. Good day
Who listens to what music?
I Love songs Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton